Monday, September 30, 2013

Voyage Start

Week 1

Wow…..I learned that the standard forms and questions asked of new students at MMA certainly do not fit a retiree on Social Security, Medicare and Supplemental Insurance.  Thank goodness for "Google" the Internet and help from the IT office, I finally did find out the address for Medicare….it is in Maryland for those who need to know.  

Anyway, ordering books online at Amazon proved very easy…but yikes, expensive when they come from the UK.  Print the Syllabus, read the assignments and ……this is a big AND; learn the intricacies of "CANVAS" which is what is being used for this course.

Corresponding with Professor Schatz elicited a response that he would be George if I would be Larry!  That makes it much easier although I told him that my Mother would probably not approve of a student calling his teach by a first name!

After a few opening remarks and postings it became evident that the ensuing discussions were very, very rewarding.  They stimulate my past experiences and the current events I see every day and as the threads get longer there is an enormous amount of information about the current discussion topic.  Input is valuable for sure!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your endeavor! It sounds like you are handling the online learning technology very well, though it sounds like you have experience from your remote teaching. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete